Was in the parking lot of the PC when they were getting to move these 2 new M3 and M4 Competitions they have just received. They were nice enough to let me sit in the cars. For reference, I’m 5″10, 175 lbs.
– Definitely a step up from the F generations. It looks really special
– The carbon buckets are shockingly comfortable. Granted, I only sat in them for a few minutes, so it remains to be seen what they’re like after a few hours, but for me, they are a must have.
– If you want comparisons, I have an E36 M3 with Vader seats, a Z4M and E92 M3. From most comfortable to least, it would be E92 M3 > G8x carbon bucket > E36 M3 = Z4M (these 2 are not great)
– Lumbar position (not adjustable) was just right for me
– While seat comfort is great, entry and exist is not so easy. This will absolutely be what people should consider. Getting in is not so bad, but getting out required me to put left hand on sill, right hand on steering wheel and push myself out.
– You can set the seats hilariously low. On all my cars, I set the seats low, but if I go all the way down on these buckets, I was about eye level to top of steering wheels. Really surprised me.
– I will admit the blue interior looks much better in person. Certainly different than anything I’ve seen before
– Sat in rear seat of the G80 with front seat in my driving position. Lots of rear leg room, and view of the CF on the back was amazing.
– Middle portion of lower cushion is not a problem for me, might be if you have bigger thighs.
– First time seeing a G80. That’d be my pick
– Both these cars are absolutely sinister in black. Like the other thread, maybe pretty is not the word to use, but I will admit they look very mean.
Some extra pictures:
Last edited by W///; Yesterday at 06:23 PM..
Reason: Added 3 more pictures
Leave a Reply